This week Cee is having a special theme for Share Your World. It is Thanksgiving in the USA and she thought we could do a grateful list for this week.
What are you grateful for in regard to:
- Your home life? I am grateful I have a home. So many people do not and we see them on street corners every day asking for a handout or pushing all their personal belongings down the street in a shopping cart.
- Your family? I am grateful I have been given a second chance to have a family. I destroyed my family through divorce 17 years ago and was feeling pretty low and depressed for quite a while.
- Your blogging community? I’ve “met” a lot of great people who support and encourage me in my hobby.
- Your city or immediate area in which you live? I always looked down upon Las Vegas as a place to live. But circumstances brought me here 17 years ago and I’ve learned to appreciate the abundance of things to do. Some are even free!
- The regional area in which you live? We are so close to so many different areas in which to savor the outdoors. The great Southwest. I have boots. Next is a cowboy hat. Then a jeep or truck and my conversion will be complete.
- The country where you live? I’m not too excited about the direction our president-elect seems to be taking us with the people he is choosing to surround himself with. But we are in a democracy in which we are able to protest- and I certainly will be doing so.
- You? It’s taken me a long time to grow up- I believe that is a problem for most men. I finally have, for the most part. But don’t ask my wife for corroboration. She’s a bit feisty that way.
Optional Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up? Last week we took a day trip to Cima, in the middle of the Mojave National Preserve, which is about an hour and a half from where we live. We have been out there several times and there isn’t really anything there that we haven’t seen before. Still, I was able to get so many photos that I am still working on them this week.
Please go visit Cee’s Share Your World and share thanksgiving wishes with her. And to those of you who have taken the time to read through, Happy Thanksgiving (and please stay safe and sane through, what has to be the most asinine corporate decision of all time, the creation of Black Friday, which now starts on Thursday.)